If you’ve attempted power cycles and your device is still acting up, try resetting the data and cache to reconnect your Amazon Fire Stick to your Markey account.
- On a computer, in the Markey dashboard, we’ll go into Devices and click “Remove” on the device in question.
- On the Fire Stick itself, go to the Home screen and then to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Markey Digital Signage (or possibly “MarkeyDS”) > Clear data > Clear data (to confirm) > Clear Cache (just select it once)
- Go back to the Home screen on the Fire Stick and open the Markey app and you should see a new six-digit code
- On a computer, in the Devices screen of the dashboard, click “New Device” and enter in your label the six-digit code that’s displayed on your and select the appropriate channel.
- The Fire Stick should then refresh and show the channel once again.
If you’re still having issues, see this help page from Amazon with additional troubleshooting tips. It’s also important to note some TVs come with a USB port. It may be tempting to use that to power your Fire TV Stick, but Amazon does not recommend this since the USB port on the TV most likely won’t provide enough power to the device, resulting in performance issues.
If you’re still having issues getting your MarkeyDS app to run correctly on your Amazon Fire TV device, contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help out!